Current Job Opportunities with The MENTOR Initiative :
Regional Health Coordinator
Position Title: Regional Health Coordinator
Base: Duhok, Iraq
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Start date: TBC
MENTOR seeks a Regional Health Coordinator (consultant) to oversee the implementation of leishmaniasis disease control and management services for IDP and host communities in Turkey and Northern Syria. The consultant will lead in the design, delivery, management and reporting of high quality leishmaniasis case management activities and operational research. They will be entrusted with the critical task of ensuring the programme achieves its case management objectives in accordance with the programme grants/awards and The MENTOR Initiative guidance/guidelines. The consultant will ensure the compliance of The MENTOR Initiative Emergency Response Programmes for all grant contract obligations to delivering health services and technical capacity building in line with the programme objectives and the changing context on the ground.
The consultant will report to Country Director (CD) in the following tasks:
- Will assist in the design and planning for programmatic activity in Turkey and Northern Syria. This will include work in support of proposal writing to help secure new funding for this effort.
- Will coordinate MENTORs medical and capacity building activities and serve as a MENTORs representative whilst developing and sustaining strategic partnerships
- Will provide leadership, strategic direction and programmatic management for all medical activities in close coordination with CD and HQ Programme Manager (PM)
- Will serve as the technical supervisor, and communications conduit, between medical teams in different regions
- Providing advise as needed, and working collaboratively with the data, prevention, IEC and M&E teams to achieve the regional goals
- Assist in the development of programme reports and proposals for new grant applications
For more information, please click here: Regional Health Coordinator – Duhok, Iraq
Consultancy for Midterm & Final Programme Evaluations and Beneficiary Satisfaction Survey
Position Title: Evaluator (consultant)
Base: Central African Republic
Reporting to: The consultant’s primary contact in C.A.R. will be the Consortium Coordinator. Secondary contacts include the Consortium manager (based in UK) and MENTOR’s Head of Mission (based in Bangui).
Start date: TBC
The project foresees two external evaluations during its lifetime: an immediate Midterm Evaluation by the end of project’s year-2 (March 2021) and a Final Evaluation to be conducted towards the end of the project on early 2023. The goal of the two evaluations is to assess and learn from the process and achievements of the programme in the four sub-prefectures, evaluate progress towards the program objectives and results, implementation strategies, assess the extent to which the programme demonstrates good “Value for Money” (using FCDO’s Value for Money approach), document lessons learned, and to inform the partners, FCDO, beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders about results and findings.
- Higher university degree in relevant field, i.e. Public Health, Development Studies, Humanitarian Response, etc.
- Demonstrable relevant practical experience in conducting evaluations in development and humanitarian settings using qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Proven experience in using participatory evaluation methods, conducting evaluations for complex multi-sectoral, health programs in challenging settings, experience with FCDO-funded projects and/or Consortium programmes is an asset.
- Strong understanding of C.A.R. context is an asset.
- Strong computer skills including appropriate statistical analysis software.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and French, knowledge of Sango is an asset.
- Strong analytical and communication skills for complex, fast-paced environments.
- A strong commitment to delivering timely and high-quality results.
- Expected to sign and follow MENTOR’s Code of Conduct and the 4 principles and standards elaborated
For more information, please click here: Midterm & Final Programme Evaluations and Beneficiary Satisfaction Survey Consultant (CAR)
For all submissions, please send your CV and Letter of Motivation to: [email protected]